NECINA Youth Entrepreneurship Service (YES) program was successfully drawn to a close at Constant Contact on February 21, 2015.
It is the ninth year that YES program teaches high school students entrepreneurship and leadership by experienced speakers and mentors. Through six months’ training, five teams were formed and pitched their business plan concepts to the judges in the final competition this year.
The final results are fascinating, which reflects students’ innovation and enthusiasm. The winning team TidBite creates new dining options for both the consumers and vendors to enjoy home-style cooking. Team TrakR comes up with their product FindR, a small SD card, to help people find their valuable items. Team Young Hype provides an online platform to connect young entertainers and help people discover their talents. Team Jinger brings up their healthy and natural alarm clock to wake people up. Team Serenity, on the other hand, focuses on a special LED light that improves people’s lifestyle by improving their mood.
With the effort from all the students, parents, speakers and YES officers, NECINA YES encourages entrepreneurial spirit to carry on from one generation to the next, innovative idea from little seeds into big trees.
YES 9.0 Final Results and Awards
First Prize: TidBite
Runner Up: TrackR
Best Performance Award: Young Hype
Most Innovative Concept Award: Jinger
Best Market Study Award: Serenity
YES 9.0 Curriculum
- 09/27/2014 Session 1: Introduction to Entrepreneurship/Brainstorming for Business Ideas
- 10/04/2014 Session 2: Brainstorming for Business Ideas/Team Building
- 10/25/2014 Session 3: From Ideas to Products/Team Building
- 11/01/2014 Session 4: Marketing and Sales 1
- 11/15/2014 Session 5: Marketing and Sales 2
- 11/22/2014 Session 6: Finance accounting 1
- 12/13/2014 Session 7: Finance accounting 2
- 01/17/2015 Session 8: Final mentoring
- 01/31/2015 Session 9: Final review
- 02/21/2015 Session 10: Final competition