Youth Entrepreneurship Service (YES)
Location: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (168 Third Avenue, Waltham, MA 02451)
Registration deadline: October 10, 2017 11:59PM
- Think Different – Learn to listen, think, and act as a founder, creator, and team member.
- Business Knowledge – Gain business knowledge not included in high school curricula.
- Solve Real Problems – Apply your current understanding to help solve real problems.
- Team Building – Build and manage strong teams with your peers.
- Internship – Be considered for internships at our sponsor companies.
The program is free for students whose parents are NECINA members or Thermo Fisher Scientific employees. For others, it is $40 per student.The first session is free for everyone to let you have a taste of what YES program is like. If you would like to continue the rest of the program, each student will then pay $40.
In order to help you understand more about our program, we've designed this one-day workshop free to you to learn entrepreneurship and business planning in just one day. Free admission for everyone who signs up while seats last. So hurry up. Sign up here. Below is the full schedule of this full-day workshop.
- 10:00am - 10:30am: YES program overview
- 10:30am - 11:00am: Thermofisher overview, description of its STEM focus, and demo of their product concepts
- 11:00am - 12:00pm: Learning about market validation
- 12:00pm - 01:00pm: Lunch and team formation finalized
- 01:00pm - 02:00pm: Learning about sales and marketing, accounting and finance
- 02:00pm - 04:00pm: Mentorship session to help teams create business ideas from scratch
- 04:00pm - 04:30pm: Final presentation
- 04:30pm - 05:00pm: Q&A
YES 12.0 Curriculum (all sessions are run from 9am to 12pm)
- 10/14/2017 – Entrepreneurship 101
- 10/28/2017 - Ideation
- 11/11/2017 - Market Validation
- 12/09/2017 - Sales and Marketing
- 01/06/2018 - Accounting & Finance
- 01/20/2018 - Mentorship Session 1
- 02/03/2018 - Mentorship Session 2
- 02/17/2018 - Mentorship Session 3
- 03/17/2018 - Mock Competition
- 03/31/2018 - Final Competition
About Our Sponsor
We thank Thermo Fisher Scientific for the huge support in YES 12.0!
Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.